The oldest jewelry factory in St. Petersburg, Russian Gems, holds the annual St. Petersburg Faberge Jewelry Festival. From February 1 to February 10 in the Jewelry Center on the square. Carl Faberge House 8, jewelers and designers will acquaint residents and visitors of the city with the history and style diversity of modern jewelry art.
One of the participants of the «Faberge Heritage» festival is Alexei Ivanovich Kolodko. One of the leaders of the Foundation «The Imperial Society for the Promotion of Arts», a member of the Foundation's Board, a collector, philanthropist and researcher of the history of porcelain production. Alexey has been collecting porcelain sculpture and objects of decorative and applied art for over 20 years. Porcelain figurines from the private collection of Alexei Kolodko are thematically associated with theater and music. The collection of porcelain figurines and figurines «German ceramics of the Schwarzburg workshop of the Imperial Society for the Encouragement of the Arts» will be presented at the Heritage Faberge festival.
Visitors to the festival are waiting for a collection of exclusive jewelry, lectures and master classes on the painting of jewelry in the tradition of Faberge. The festival program includes expositions and theater-related events, since 2019 has been declared the Year of Theater in Russia. Entrance to the festival is free.
Exhibition «Teachers and Pupils»
From May 26 to June 13, 2018 in Ceremonial halls of the Research museum at the Russian Academy of Arts the Teachers and Pupils exhibition will take place. The project is organized together with «Imperial Society of Encouragement of Arts» fund, with fund of realistic art of V.F. Pustarnakov and in close cooperation with Heydar Aliyev's fund.
School Drawing exhibition
The first exhibition «School Drawing» took place in June, 2017 in «Isaak Izrailevich Brodsky's Museum apartment».
In 1839. The senate published the decision on opening in St. Petersburg of the Public Drawing school with a problem of training of masters for the art industry (from a working environment) and teachers for similar schools. Reception of pupils was made all the year round. Training was free.
On December 20, 1857 from department of the Ministry of Finance the school was transferred to Society of encouragement of arts. At first the school was located in the building of the St. Petersburg customs, but in 1878 the school moved to buildings of IOPH (Bolshaya Morskaya, 38). Since 1897 art and craft workshops were added to the main disciplines at school: painting and decorative, decorative and modelled, lithographic, printing, ceramics and painting on porcelain and faience.
Long time was taught at school M.P. Clodt (1865—1867, 1875—1913), A. G. Goravsky (1865—1885), V. P. Kreytan (1870 — 1891). In 1878 at drawing school E.A. Sabaneev began to teach history of arts, watercolor painting and the composition of decorative drawings, and since 1881 he was her director. Since 1887 A.F. Afanasyev, Ya.F. Tsionglinsky and N.P. Zagorski taught here.
Since April, 1906 Nikolay Konstntinovich Roerich becomes the principal. It based new classes: medalyerny, «small architecture» (furniture), women's etude, an art embroidery, monumental painting, stained-glass windows, graphic art (execution of the book, label, drawings of wall-paper), a lithograph and an etching, drawing from fresh flowers and stylization, animalistics, discussion of sketches, natural and figured, head and etude and/or head and picturesque, shootings from nature and studying of styles, drawing and architectural, stampings, masterful icon-painting, decorative and wallpaper, farforo-ceramic, an amateur and weaver's workshop, a rezchitsko-joiner's workshop and a workshop of glass painting. Also for all-art education entered lectures on anatomy, pedagogics, history of the Russian art (ancient), music classes and choral singing.
In a printing and lithographic workshop in 1910 several books of «The collection of works of pupils of School “Of imperial Society of encouragement of arts were published”». Sunday classes were open. In the years of World War I at school the icon-painting workshop for wounded veterans was organized. The school conducted concerts, tours in the capital museums and the ancient Russian cities, annual public exhibitions of works of pupils. The Museum of the Russian modern art was created. To the middle of the 1910th years the school of «Imperial Society of encouragement of arts» became the largest art school in Russia. In this regard in 1913-1914 N.K. Roerich suggested to transform art school to school of art of all branches, but carrying out reforms was interfered by war. The number of pupils already reached by then two and a half thousand, and teachers to eighty so additional rooms were involved.
In November, 1917 N.K. Roerich offered the project of transformation of School to Free Academy which was heard at the Faculty meeting. In December, 1918 in the presence of N.K. Roerich in committee of «Imperial Society of encouragement of arts» discussion of the project which was approved and partially realized took place.
After the October revolution, since July, 1918, the free «Courses of drawing and sketching» on Liteyny Avenue which turned subsequently into the Leningrad art school of V.A. Serov began to perform functions of drawing school.